Afinia desktop 3D rapid prototype printer: FREE SHIPPING
The Afinia H-Series 3D Printer provides a true “Out of the Box 3D Printing Experience” as the 3D Printer comes fully assembled, with easy to install software for both the PC and Mac. This printer is both portable and affordable.
Easy to set up right out of the box. Very easy to use.
Creates parts out of ABS or PLA plastic. ABS is the same plastic that is used for Legos. PLA (Polylactic Acid) is a plastic made from corn starch. It is safe for making parts that will be in contact with food, as it contains no toxic substances. So you can make your own unique drinking cups and actually use them!
This printer Simply connects to your computer via supplied USB cable.
Dimensions of the printer are 9 5/8″ x 10 1/4″ x 13 3/4″.
Easily fits on the desktop next to your inkjet or laser printer.
Maximum build size is 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ high.
Highest layer resolution is 0.15mm or .006″
Once removed from its box, this printer is easy to setup using the included software. Literally within 20 minutes you will be printing!
The software has an easy to use interface for viewing, positioning, orienting and scaling parts. It also allows you to make multiple copies of one or multiple different parts, just as long as they fit on the platform. Also, you can alter the “fill” for solid parts from almost solid to sparse (four different settings). This allows you to save time and plastic for parts that are only cosmetic, such as statues.
The supported input file format is “.stl”. This type of file can be exported from most 3D CAD software such as Solid Works, AutoCad and Google SketchUP (Free). Most 3D printers use this format type. Or, alternatively, you can download models to print for your own personal use from such sites as THINGIVERSE.COM.
With careful calibration, accuracy of .15mm (.006″) can be achieved.
This printer can be disconnected from the computer after the model is loaded into it, even while printing. This is achieved through an onboard SD memory card that stores the model once it is downloaded from your computer.
What comes in the box?
- Printer – Burgundy is the only color available at this time.
- One 700 grams of starter spool of ABS Filament in natural milky-white color.
When you are ready for other colors, we stock dozens of them, including glow-in-the-dark.
We sell PLA plastic filament too. PLA is available in many colors as well as clear.
- Power Supply
- Power Cable
- USB Cable
- Filament Guide Tube
- Filament spool hanger
- Three perforated board s for printing on
- Clips for the perforated board (6)
- Spare Screws and Washers
- Software Disc
- Operators Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Gloves (1 pair)
- Putty Knife for removing parts from the perforated board.
- Exacto Knife for cleaning supports from the finished model
- Cutting Pliers
- Nozzle Tip Removal Tool
- Perforated Board Cleaning Tool (3)
- Hex Wrenches
Live US based tech support directly from Afinia
Easy out-of-box setup & use
Simple to install 3D Software
Uses inexpensive 1.75mm ABS plastic
Includes PC & MAC software
- Build Platform: W:140 x D:140 x H:135mm
- Supports: Auto-generated by software
- Layer Thickness: 0.15 – 0.40mm
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS 10.6 and above
- Printer Size 9- 5/8″ x10-1/4″ x13-3/4″, (245x 260x350mm)
- Build envelope 5-1/2″(w) x 5-1/2″(d) x 5-1/4″(h) (140x140x135mm)
- Printer Weight: 11 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year (parts and labor)
Also visit our FAQ page.